Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Whistler: "I Wanna Be A Kung Fu Fighta...."

Thurs. Aug. 9, 2007

The previous night we stayed at Fi and Jay's place. It was great to be in a home again. To be able to finally do our laundry and take nice long showers. So great we didn't leave for Whistler until later in the afternoon.

Just a warning, the pics get a bit weird here. I don't know what we were thinking once we hit BC, but we all of a sudden we felt as though we were Kung Fu Fightas.

And so the song goes, "I Wanna Be A Kung Fu Fighta...ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding"








Just check out the air we get! Quite the force to be reckoned with!



Ok there is a story behind this picture. 3rd year University, Cathy was helping me put together my stereo. A thinking person would remember to unplug the stereo before her friend attempts to attach various wires, however, this obviously did not occur. As I was organizing stuff in my room, out of the corner of my eye, I see Cathy jolt like a crazy person and fall onto the bed. It was quite the sight. I couldn't stop laughing then and I still can't stop laughing about it now. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen. Please note, I am not a mean person, I only laughed after I knew she was ok =)



We were so fortunate our entire trip since we had perfect weather throughout. However, once we reached Whistler it started raining like a mofo! Luckily we had nothing planned for that evening so nothing was ruined. Though we were in the village at the time and was taken on an unscheduled tour on the free shuttle bus. Is it too much to ask for the bus driver to actually know where he's going? Anyways, we finally made it to WildWood for dinner. They were not rated the best value restaurant consecutively for no reason. Just check out those ribs!!!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Yes, you are lucky I am ok! Luckily the jolt of electricity didn't scramble my brain...or did it??? :)

Kung Fu Cathy

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard that my sides are hurting! That is the funniest thing ever! The story itself was funny but accompanied with that photo made it hilarious.

I'm glad you're okay Cathy and if I ever need to help Lien hook up electronics I will have a mental note to make sure it's unplugged ;)

xoxo
Fiona