Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Whistler, British Columbia

Fri. Aug. 10, 2007

Ziplining in Whistler was AWESOME!!! It's basically an extremely fast cable line ride through old rainforests. I got to go on 5 different lines which went as fast as 100km/hr (there was one line that was so quick that you had to wear a parachute)!!! Also, it's about a 200 foot vertical drop. My favourite line was called the Godzilla (which we don't have any pics of). It was extremely quick and quite the drop. It was so quick that you had to put your body into a starfish position so that it slows you down. Apparently my starfish wasn't adequate enough, hence my rather hard slam on the brakes once I arrived on the other side.



F.Do and myself on the platform praying (though seeing that neither of us are religious, I don't know how helpful that was) right before surrending ourselves to the zipline!



The hardest part for me was just before taking off on the Zipline. Climbing up the rickety steps and looking down once they hook you onto the device. There was a whole lot of deep breathing and talking to myself while up there. But once I let go, it was "blaze on brother man" the whole way!!!






This cable line was a slower one which meant that you had to lay straight as a pin. There was one woman who got stuck which was quite amusing to her family who kept taking pictures as she was getting recused by our guide. ha ha ha haaaa =)








After an exhilerating morning ziplining, we finished off our day with a Gondola ride up whistler mountain.







The first part of the lift was all enclosed which gave me a sense of security. However, the 2nd portion was all open air and freakin' high!! I literally was not able to look down since each time I did, my stomach would have the most sinking feeling. I honestly do not understand how people ride up these lifts to snowboard/ski. It's mofo high!!!





You know you're MF high when you're headed into the clouds!





Beyond Human Size Inukshuk: Whistler is home to the 2010 olympics.



Life is great!



Suddenly, we were Kung Fu Fightas once again...









Back at Fi and Jay's place in Vancouver where the kung fu legend remains...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That picture with F.Do kicking you is so awesome. It looks straight out of the movies with your bodies both going in the same direction haha.