Monday, August 20, 2007

The Rockies: Jasper

Mon. Aug. 6, 2007

Drive from Lake Louise to Jasper. We're so high that we're driving into the clouds. It's pretty cool.








Crowfoot Galcier: It used to have 3 claws but 1 has almost completely disappeared.






F.Do this one's for you! This is one of F.Do's favourite pics of the trip. She caught me as I was cranking a information box and it suddenly started speaking which startled me. I guess you can say she captured a typical "Lien" expression.





Peyton Lake: It has a similar colour to Lake Louise since it is also a lake formed by glaciers.







"I Believe I Can Fly..."




Mountie Moose in the lobby of the Columbia Icefield Glacier Tour Office.



Columbia Icefields: Brewster Snocoach Tour. Time for me to take out my White Russian!!!










"SuperStars!"



Posing on the Athabasca Glacier







Tasting some of that ice cold glacial water. Refreshing!



Sometimes my Asian voice just isn't loud enough!



CFL with the Brewster Tour Guide. As usual I forgot his name, but he had some really cheesy jokes and of course I laughed =)



After the Snocoach tour, we decided to walk from the bottom of the glacier.







These are all the stupid people who decided to go past the pylons. I guess people didn't read the warning signs or even the sign about the boy who was recently lost within the glaciers.




Some of the signs on the west coast are really quite humorous. This one was warning us about hiding our valuables. The sign just looks like some sort of cartoon. Of course, F.Do and I decided to pretend to be hooligans jacking a car. I would feel threatened if I saw us coming!




We saw a bunch of falls along the way. I can't remember all the names but there were some that were quite powerful. Though the falls we saw were amateurs compared to Niagara Falls.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting my favourite pic of you LT, I love your expression!!!!

Love lots,
f.do