Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Whale Watching... or just fun boat ride...

Sun. Aug. 12, 2007

Vancouver Whale Watching. We set out hoping to see some whales, unfortunately or fortunately (depending on how you look at it), all we got was a wild and bumpy (to the point where I thought my uterus was in my throat!) boat ride!

Don't we look like we're in the movie Armageddon where we're about to set out to save the world?





Ok, here we go...



Wow, the captain is really picking up speed!



Damn, I think I need that hat they forced me to take!



Some lazy sea lions and some sort of birds. During the calm parts of the ride, Cathy and I actually fell asleep. This is because the guide kept showing us various birds (like turkey vultures... I think the name turkey vultures is quite humorous. It sounds like something a stupid guy would call some ugly girl. Similar to Swamp Donkey. ha ha haa). Honestly, I was out there to see whales.. or Ogo Pogo. So unless they're showing me that, I'm not really paying attention.



The wool hats just wasn't enough... Hoodie time!



So after boating around for a few hours with no luck of seeing a whale (the company we went with has a guarantee of seeing whales. Therefore, we each got a credit to come back whenever and the best part, it's a lifetime pass), the captain headed back. However, our captain was awesome. He would pick up speed towards the other boats and then quickly turn. It was awesome!!! I think he really enjoyed having the 3 asian girls up front squealing and encouraging him on!!! Blaze On!!



Since we didn't see any whales this time around, I thought I would insert a pic from when I went last year. Here is what could've been.



The Eatery: a really cool sushi restaurant in Kitslano which is just a few blocks from my new place. It honestly looks like someone with A.D.D decorated the place, but it's easily one of the more awesome places to eat in Vancouver.









Yummy, Yummy Sushi!






The girls with the owner, Randy Lum. He's quite the perv but highly entertaining at the same time. There are incriminating pics which many would not be happy with me if I posted them, but lets say they involved "Miso Horny" astro boy thongs which we all received from Randy.



After dinner, I had to stop by my new apartment to sign some papers. I'm subletting from this guy who is leaving on an exchange to Germany. Anyways, he has this human size cardboard cutout of Beyonce which his dad gave to him (needless to say he's gay). Apparently she is always the centre of attention whenever anyone comes over and we were not the exception.



No comments: