Wednesday, January 9, 2008

CFL's New Year's Eve in Amsterdam!

Since this New Year's Eve was the first that CFL has celebrated together in 2 years, I felt I should do a separate entry for just that occasion. So here it is... CFL's 2007 New year's Eve in DA DAM!!!!

DAM SQUARE: Countdown to 2008!




The Fridge stocked up and ready!




CFL Family Portrait




This picture cracks me up. It was taken right after we had a nap. (Just a side note: to this day I am still not adjusted to the 9 hour time difference. First of many signs that I am getting old and my body doesn't adjust as quickly... sniff).




The following pics are examples of why you shouldn't just throw out that cheese rind because there are sooo many other things you can do with it. For example:

1) A Smiley Mouth!



2) A Frowning Mouth!



3) A Uni-Brow!



4) A Decorative Mouth for your bread plate!




We all didn't feel like eating too much, so this is what we came up with as our New Year's Eve "dinner." Truth be told, why fill your stomach with food when you can fill it with booze???




After 3 bottles of wine, it was time for the first bottle of champagne.




CFL, "CHEERS!"




Nothing but class?




This is apparently how crazy my laugh gets. Scary...




This is how tame F.Do's laugh is.... yeah right!!!




CFL's written New Year's Resolutions.




According to F.Do, it is a Russian tradition to burn the paper(s) your resolutions are written on and then put the ashes into your champagne to drink. Then your resolutions are in you all year round. So here it goes...





I don't think we were very good at burning the paper entirely. As you can see, our hands were too delicate to hold the paper long enough for the entire piece to burn. Though not to worry, no wastage here, we drank it anyways.






After 3 bottles of wine and 2 bottles of Champagne, CFL came up with the clever idea of heading out in into society and watch the fireworks with all of Amsterdam. We are still trying to figure out if that was a good idea or not...

Attempting to open that 3rd bottle of Champagne. Don't ask me what F.Do is doing. I think she thinks she's in some sort of a musical or something...




Spot the Santa Claus' coming up behind us...



... and of course, they join us!




Question: What is F.Do doing?
Answer: once again, who the hell knows...




CFL on the streets of Amsterdam on New Year's Eve:













Let's just say the evening was very entertaining and fast-paced. Good times as usual. Number 1 lesson for 2008: I am certainly no longer a young duckling.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Man I love that pic of me and you in bed - total ESP on the tongue! Makes me miss you girls so much and feel thankful for how lucky we are! Hope Paris won you over as much as Oslo, much love!

CaThy